Top 3 Monoculars
If you’re looking for magnification equipment you may be torn between monoculars and binoculars. The main difference between the two is that monoculars are made up of one viewing lens whereas binoculars are made up of two and whilst binoculars give you 3D images monoculars are more two dimensional. Both devices have their advantages, but monoculars are handy because they are smaller, lighter, very portable and ideal for a range of activities including bird watching, hunting and watching sports or concerts.
There are a lot of different monoculars on the market and some are definitely better than others. When you are shopping for monoculars you will need to look at its magnification capabilities because that will determine how far you can zoom in and how much detail you will be able to see. It is, however, important to remember that magnification isn’t always the most important thing and may actually be a hindrance if you want to look at larger landscapes rather than singular objects.
If you’re not sure what you should be looking for then read on for our review of the top 3 monoculars which you can buy right now.
Polaris Optics Explorer Review – Our Number 1
- The Polaris Optics Monocular (learn more here!) has 12×50 magnification power so you are able to make objects appear 12x closer than they actually are. These monoculars give you a clear view of objects which are up to 1000 yards away so they are ideal for hiking, bird watching and spectator sports.
- This monocular comes with a durable exterior with non-slip grip and external protection
- The Polaris Optics Explorer comes with a stainless steel tripod stand which you can use for hands-free viewing.
- Monoculars are designed to be used outdoors and so you are often at the mercy of the elements. Luckily the Polaris Optics Explorer monocular is waterproof and can therefore withstand any sudden downpours which you may encounter. This monocular is also fog proof and is designed to stop moisture, dust and other nasties getting inside the device.
- This monocular comes with four free bird watching ebooks which will teach you all the tricks and skills necessary to become a successful bird water.
- The Polaris Optics Monocular has been designed to give you the best and clearest view possible and is ideal for hiking, nature watching and bird observations.
- When you buy the Polaris Optics Explorer Monocular you will also get a mesh carrying case, eyepiece and lens protective covers, a non-abrasive cleaning cloth and a stainless steel tripod!
- Polaris Optics products come with a lifetime warranty!
Features: 12×50 Magnification Power – Durable Exterior – Stainless Steel Tripod Stand – Waterproof – Fog Proof – Free Bird Watching Ebooks – Lifetime Warranty.
Barska BA-AA12132 Blackhawk Review – Number 2
- The Barska BA-AA12132 monocular comes with multi-coated lenses which offer high quality resolution and excellent views of far away objects.
- We can’t control the elements and the weather has a nasty habit of being temperamental Luckily this monocular is fully waterproof so if it starts raining you don’t have to worry about damaging the device.. It is also fog proof so you will still be able to use it in adverse viewing conditions.
- The Barska monocular has a magnification power of 10×40. It also ergonomically designed thanks to the diamond cut textured grip which helps makes the monocular comfortable to hold and less likely to wobble.
- This monocular features a BK-7 roof prism which helps ensure your images are as clear as possible. It also comes with long eye relief and twist-up eye cups.
- The Barska can be used with a tripod, although it will need to be bought separately.
Features: Multi-Coated Lenses – Waterproof – Fog Proof – 10×40 Magnification – BK-7 Roof Prism – Tripod Adaptable.
Eyeskey 12X50 High Power Review – Number 3
- The Eyeskey monocular has 12×50 magnification which will bring far away objects 12x closer.
- This monocular features a large BAK-4 prism and fully multi-coated objective lens to enhance the visuals so you get the brightest and clearest image possible.
- The Eyeskey monocular has a durable design with tight fitting protection to keep it safe in the toughest conditions.
- The Eyeskey monocular comes with ergonomic rubber armour to stop the monocular slipping from your hand and to make it more comfortable to use.
- This monocular is not only waterproof but it is also dust-proof and shockproof. It comes with sealed O-rings and Nitrogen blanketing to stop particles, moisture and dust from getting inside and damaging the monocular.
- The Eyeskey monocular has adjustable eye-cups which can be twisted up or down for a more comfortable viewing experience.
- All Eyeskey optical products come with a lifetime warranty. This monocular also comes with a free carry case, eyepiece, cleaning cloth, lens protection covers and strap.
Features: 12×50 Magnification – Multi-Coated – Durable – Ergonomic – Waterproof – Dust-Proof – Shockproof – Adjustable Eye-Cups – Lifetime Warranty – Free Carry Case.
These are all excellent monoculars which will enhance any hobby from bird watching and hiking to hunting and climbing. However, there can only be one winner and one of the monoculars on this list really did stand out. We are specially recommending the Polaris Optics Explorer because it has powerful magnification of 12×50 and can give you a clear view of objects which are up to 1000 yards away, it is durable and waterproof, it comes with four ebooks which will help any budding bird watchers become old pros, it comes with a lifetime warranty and best of all it comes with its own stainless steel tripod stand!