||Philips||Coloured sunrise, red to yellow – Works with radio and sounds – battery backup – sunset function for falling asleep – smart snooze function||High end||Learn More Here!|
||Lumie||Wakes you over 30 mins – Helps combat winter blues – two-year guarantee – snooze options – backup beeper||Mid range||Learn More Here!|
||Amir||10 Natural brightness levels – Snooze function – 2 sounds – FM radio||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
Top 3 Sunrise Alarm Clocks On The Market
In case you haven’t heard of, or seen a sunrise alarm clock it is a simple idea that wakes you naturally with increasing light rather than an intrusive sound that jars you from your sleep. The whole idea is simple since human bodies respond to light and will naturally wake up with increased amounts of light, hence the name sunrise alarm clock.
Philips Review – Our Number 1
Philips is a well-known brand name that manufactures a wide range of appliance from sound and vision to right through to personal care. Frederik Philips started the company in 1891 in Eindhoven and his plan was to bring cost effective light bulbs to everyone who needed them. The company has evolved massively over the years but the idea is still the same to bring its customers the best possible products. Sunrise alarm clocks are a new idea (learn more here!) and this one by Philips is a real beauty, the features it has include:
- Stylish design that will look great on the bedside table.
- The coloured light simulates natural light better than cheaper versions which use a whiter based light, light goes from red through to yellow.
- Works with radio functions and five different natural sounds.
- The Wake-Up Light eases you into the day by waking you gently and acting like a small sun in your bedroom.
- There is a 7-minute battery back up in case of power cuts.
- There is also a sunset function which can help you gradually fall asleep with decreasing sounds and light.
- Smart snooze function allows you to tap anywhere on the alarm to snooze it for 9 minutes.
The Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3520/01 Coloured Sunrise Simulation – 5 Sounds and Radio Function is a masterpiece to look at and truly simulates a natural light change with red to yellow light. It is clinically proven to ensure you wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.
Features – Coloured sunrise, red to yellow – Works with radio and sounds – battery backup – sunset function for falling asleep – smart snooze function.
Pricing – High End
Lumie Review – Number 2
Lumie specialise in skincare appliances, light therapy, SAD lights, and of course body clock lights which help you wake up naturally so that you feel ready go to rather than wanting to spend the next half and hour hitting the snooze button. This clock is their starter model but still has plenty of great features such as:
- The Bodyclock alarm clock wakes you gently over the course of 30 minutes and helps you feel energise and ready to go.
- The increasing light cues your body to produce more cortisol which helps set a healthier sleep/wake cycle and helps to combat the winter blues.
- There is a 30-minute sunrise and sunset function, a dimming bedside light, snooze options and a backup beeper.
- Certified medical device (class 1).
- Two-year guarantee.
The Lumie Bodyclock Starter 30 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise and Sunset is a great option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on one of these dawn simulator alarms clocks but still want to ensure sound quality and design.
Features – Wakes you over 30 mins – Helps combat winter blues – two-year guarantee – snooze options – backup beeper.
Pricing – Mid Range
Amir Review – Number 3
This is the last clock we will be looking at and even though it comes in at the bottom end of the pricing range it still has a lot to offer and is definitely worth considering if you thinking of trying this type of alarm clock out but don’t want to shell out too much in case you don’t get on with it. The feature this one has to offer include:
- It has 10 natural brightness, which gives you the option of control the level of light and thus your eyes.
- It simulates a natural sunrise and because the light level can be control it can also be used as a mood lamp.
- Snooze function gives you 9 minutes of extra shut eye.
- Time display and buttons are easy to see and use and have been designed so that even when you’re not totally awake you can still operate this clock.
- Can be used as a bedside lamp and has FM radio as well.
- There are two natural sounds to help you wake, birds and waves or you can choose the radio.
- Alarm starts 30 minutes prior to the set time with 25% of light and increases to 100% with gently increasing sounds.
The Amir Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock, Night Light with Sunrise Simulation, FM Radio and 2 Natural Sounds, Touch Control, with Snooze Function and 10-Brightness is an excellent entry level sunrise alarm clock.
Features – 10 Natural brightness levels – Snooze function – 2 sounds – FM radio
Pricing – Affordable
It is never easy to pick the best out of three, especially when each is great in their own right, but for the purpose of this review I must go with the Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3520/01 Coloured Sunrise Simulation – 5 Sounds and Radio Function. The reason behind this is simple it is the only one that closely simulates real sunrise by changing from a red to yellow light and vice versa for helping you to fall soundly asleep.