|Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080s||Features – 100% Waterproof – Wet and dry functions – Foil shaver with 3 pressure sensitive elements – LED display – Quick 5 minute charge – Pouch and 2 pin plug included – Charging stand also included.||Mid Range||Learn More Here!|
|Philips Series 5000||Features – Wet or Dry functions – 5 Directional dynamiclfex heads – Turbo+ mode – 5 minute fast charge - SmartClick trimmer included.||High End||Learn More Here!|
|Braun Series 3 3010BT||Features – 3 Pressure sensitive shaving elements – Twin foils and middle trimmer – Wet or dry, with gel or foam – Precision trimmer – 5 combs.||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
Top 3 Electric Shavers UK
Before razors were invented hair would be removed by the means of using two shells to pull the hair out, or it was done using water and a sharp tool. Around 3000BC when cooper tools were developed the birth of the first razor came into existence. In fact Alexander the Great promoted the idea of shaving as he felt it looked tidier. Straight razors, also known as open razors or cut throats were made with steel edges and were first produced in Sheffield, England in 1680.
Let’s face it shaving isn’t one of those daily chores that anyone looks forward to. Thankfully over the years the technology advancements have made this task easier to manage. The first electric razor, or shaver, was patented back in 1930 by Col. Jacob Schick. The design was later developed further by Remington who produced their first electric razor in 1937.
Early version of this shaver were meant to be used only on dry skin but over the years companies have made advancements and they can now be used on both wet and dry skin. Some models even come with attachments that allow you to design and trim your facial hair to your own personal tastes.
So now let us take a look at these three shavers to see what features they offer and which one is the best buy and why.
Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080s Review – Our Number 1
Braun was founded in Germany in 1921 by Max Braun, it began as a manufacturer of component for radio sets and in 1929 they began making their own entire radio sets. In 1932, they launched one of the world’s first combined radio and record players. In 1935 the now familiar brand of Braun with the raised A was born, it wasn’t until 1950 that they began making the electric shaver. The design was made back in 1938 but the onset and ramifications of WWII delay the production of this device.
Today Braun make 10 different types of shaver ranging from simple travel shavers to more advanced shavers such as the series 3 shave and style or the series 5 water flex model. Now lets take a closer look at this model to see what features it has.
- This shaver is 100% waterproof, it can be submerged in 5 meters of water and still be perfectly functional.
- Wet and dry functionality.
- It has two rows of groves that surround the middle moving trimmer.
- Foil shaver with 3 pressure sensitive elements which adapts to the unique contours of your face.
- There is a built in precision trimmer on the back which can be used to shape and tidy sideburns.
- Comes with a travel pouch, 2 pin bathroom charging plug and a charging stand.
- LED display for battery status.
- A full charge takes 1 hour and 45 minutes but there is a quick charge feature that is only 5 minutes and is enough for one shave.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin (learn more here!) is an excellent shaver that offers diversity and convenience all in one. The micro grip capture collects more hairs in the first stoke when tested on a 3 day bread than other products of a similar standard.
Features – 100% Waterproof – Wet and dry functions – Foil shaver with 3 pressure sensitive elements – LED display – Quick 5 minute charge – Pouch and 2 pin plug included – Charging stand also included.
Pricing – Mid Range
Philips Series 5000 Review – Number 2
Philips was founded in 1891 in Eindhoven by Gerard Philips and his father. Today it is one of the largest electronic companies I the world and employs over 100,000 people across the world. The first products that they made were carbon filament lamps, in the 1920’s they began expanding their products to include items such as vacuum tubes and their first electric shaver called the Philishave.
Today Philips manufacture a wide range of good from televisions and home audio equipment to breast pumps and baby bottles. They also have an extensive range of personal care products such as shavers, toothbrushes, skincare and light therapies. Now onto the product in question to see what features it has to offer.
- This shaver can be used wet or dry, depending on your personal preference.
- It has 5 directional dynamicflex heads to follow the contours of your face with ease.
- It has a turbo + mode which allows for even faster shaving when time is tight.
- It has a 50 minute use time with the option of a 5 minute quick charge feature.
- It comes with the SmartClick precision trimmer which is perfect for sideburn and moustache trimming.
The Philips Series 5000 wet and dry shaver is an all-around sound buy especially if you want something that can trim facial hair as well as giving you a super smooth clean shave.
Features – Wet or Dry functions – 5 Directional dynamiclfex heads – Turbo+ mode – 5 minute fast charge – SmartClick trimmer included.
Pricing – High End
Braun Series 3 3010BT Review – Number 3
- This shaver has 3 pressure sensitive shaving elements that enables the shaver to perfectly adapt to your face.
- It has twin foils with an integrated middle trimmer to help give you the closest shave possible.
- It has Sensofoil to protect even the most sensitive skin.
- This shaver can be used wet, dry with foam or gel giving you plenty of options.
- It comes with a precision trimmer and five combs from 1 to 7mm to help shape your breed the way you want it.
The Braun Series 3 3010 is an excellent budget shaver that comes with some fantastic attachments. This is perfect for those on a tighter budget or if you want a spare shaver for travel purposes.
Features – 3 Pressure sensitive shaving elements – Twin foils and middle trimmer – Wet or dry, with gel or foam – Precision trimmer – 5 combs.
Pricing – Affordable
As with any review all of the products are excellent and good value for money, but when looking for the best possible buy for your money there has to be one that stand out from the rest. In this case the overall winner is the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080, the reasoning for this is as follows; It has the Micro Grip capture feature which catches more hairs first time so les chance of irritation. It also a built in trimmer which makes it easier and quicker to get the job done as there is no ned to add attachments.