|Sealey||Warranty included – Robust – Easy to operate – Wire brush included||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
|Draper||Eye guards – Spark guards – Easy to use – Powerful – Robust - Mountable||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
|Silverline||Water cooled motor – Two grinding wheels||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
Top 3 Bench Grinders
Bench Grinders are the perfect tools to have in the garage thanks to their versatility and ease of use. Bench Grinders are commonly used to sharpen tools and drills bits but they are also able to work with different parts so it can polish work and grind metal materials down ready for welding. If you are looking for a bench grinder you need to make sure you are spending a decent amount of money on getting one with many features and one that has the power to undertake all grinding jobs with ease.
There are thousands of bench grinding products on the market and they all claim to be able to do the job they are suppose, but half of them brake sooner or later so it’s hard to find a product that not only works but is also reliable. The main problem when looking for a new bench grinder is that there are so many of them on the market it is almost impossible to choose the perfect one, but if you have a look at the three products below you can be sure your search will be much more narrow as these products will suit your needs with ease.
Sealey BG150XLW/98 150mm Review – Our Number 1
Finally a bench grinder that is versatile. The Sealey BG150XLW/98 150mm Bench Grinder (learn more here!) will make your sharpening efforts very easy thanks to the power it possesses. The Sealey brand is a popular one in the power tools industry and this bench grinder is perfect for both domestic and professional users. Not only will you be able to grind materials but you’ll also be able to polish certain materials thanks to the wire wheel brush that is integrated with the design. Have a look at some more information on what this product is able to provide:
- Wire Wheel – The wire wheel is a great addition to any bench grinder and as this Sealey product comes fully equipped with one, you can be sure it’s excellent value for money. The wire brush is perfect for jobs where you might need to remove paint from certain metal materials, and it can also be changed into a polishing wheel with ease if you buy additional parts.
- Robust – The bench grinder itself is very robust which means along with the power it has it can undertake the toughest of jobs with very little effort. You can be sure this Sealey product has been built to last and along with the warranty that comes with it you are getting a product that is going to help you for years to come.
- Easy to use – The Sealey brand designs their products not only to be powerful, but also very easy to use. That is exactly what this product is all about and whilst it does have many features, it is still very simple and easy to use.
- 370W Motor – The problem with other bench grinders on the market in the similar price range is that half of them aren’t able to complete jobs quickly enough as they don’t have the power to do so. You end up with a grinder that is very sloppy and seems to slow down as soon as you start to use it, but with this Sealey Bench Grinder you can be sure the 370W motor is more than enough power to undertake the toughest of grinding jobs.
This Sealey product will make lightwork of any grinding work you throw in its path, and along with the many features it comes with makes this one of the best bench grinders on the market for the price you pay for it. This product should be considered if you are a domestic user, but it still has the power to work in a professional workshop.
Features: Warranty included – Robust – Easy to operate – Wire brush included
Draper 06498 75mm Review – Number 2
The Draper brand is one that can certainly be relied upon when it comes to bench grinders, and their release of the Draper 06498 75mm Bench Grinder proves just that. This product is very versatile and still has the robust design that will ensure it has a long lifespan. Whether you are a professional engineer working in a professional workshop or you are just a domestic user of bench grinders, this product will suit your needs thanks to the host of features that come with it. Have a look at this product in more detail below:
- Versatile – One thing that is guaranteed when buying a product with the Draper brand is that you are going to get a product that is able to complete a variety of jobs. This bench grinder is suitable for a variety of metal such as glass, metal, wood, and even ceramics which just goes to show its versatility.
- Adjustable rests – The tool rests are completely adjustable so you will have options to suit every application depending on your needs.
- Workbench mountable – The bench grinder has already made holes so you can simply bolt this to any workbench you need to keep it firmly in place during operation.
- Eye shields – One of the best safety features this product has is the eye shields that not only prevent sparks from flying all ways but it also prevents materials from causing any damage.
- Spark guards – Another safety feature implemented into its design is the spark guards that will ensure sparks are firmly kept away during operation.
The Draper 06498 75mm Bench Grinder is an affordable product that has similar features so some of the higher end products on the market. If you are looking for a bench grinder that has the power to undertake most jobs put in front of it then it doesn’t get much better than the Draper 06498 75mm Bench Grinder for your grinding requirements.
Features: Eye guards – Spark guards – Easy to use – Powerful – Robust – Mountable
Silverline 544813 Review – Number 3
The Silverline 544813 Wet and Dry Bench Grinder should be considered as an alternative to the two above if you are looking for something affordable. This product is one of the cheapest bench grinders on the market and it still has similar features to some of the more expensive products around. Have a look at some of the features this product has to offer its consumers:
- Water Cooled – The motor that operates this handy product is fully water cooled which ensures a much longer life than other grinders on the market.
- Wet and dry – This product comes with a whetstone grinding wheel and a grit grinding wheel so you have a product that will be able to undertake multiple jobs to suit your needs.
- Multiple safety features – This product has all the necessary features to ensure a safe operation. It comes with eye and spark guards so you will be safe during any application.
In terms of features and price this product is well worth every penny, especially seeing as it is a Silverline branded product as well which is another bonus. You should consider this product if you are a domestic grinder, but there is no reason why this grinder doesn’t have the power to succeed in a professional workshop.
Features: Water cooled motor – Two grinding wheels
If you are a domestic grinder without too much experience and knowledge, you should probably consider the Silverline 544813 Wet and Dry Bench Grinder for your grinding needs as it is very basic and easy to use. However, if you are looking for something with a bit more power and more features, there is nothing more to consider other than the Sealey Bench Grinder. Not only does it have the power and many features that make grinding easy, but it also comes with a metal brush wheel so you can remove paint from metal objects. You should definitely consider the Sealey Bench Grinder for your needs as it has everything you need and it isn’t that expensive when compared with others on the market for what it offers.