Fitness trackers, otherwise known as activity trackers have taken the world by storm. They are the latest in fitness craze and have been over the last few years since the launch of the first Fitbit Flex. In today’s world, everyone wants to be fit and be in good shape. I mean who doesn’t want to look good in a vest and shorts in the summer?!
||Fitbit Flex||Daily Calorie Burn, Sleep||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
||Fitbit Charge HR||Daily Calorie Burn, Sleep, Caller ID, HeartRate||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
||Fitbit Charge||Daily Calorie Burn, Sleep, Caller ID||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
||Garmin Vivofit||Daily Calorie Burn, Sleep||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
||Fitbit Surge||Daily Calorie Burn, Sleep, Caller ID, HeartRate, Music, GPS||High-End||Learn More Here!|
Based on our reviews, the best fitness activity tracker in the UK with all round features and good value for money is The Fitbit Charge HR. It has great features including heart monitoring, it tracks your activities including steps and stairs and you get call notifications on it.
Here is a post where we compare Fitbit Charge HR Vs The Mio Fuse.
For more information on activity trackers, I have written some useful shopping information.
What Is A Fitness Tracker?
A Fitness Tracker is a device that you either carry around with you, or wear it around your neck, but they are more popular in a “watch” form. You wear it on your wrist as you would a watch and it tracks your activity throughout the day and workouts etc. There are many different kinds of fitness trackers, by many different brands and different options within as well. The basic models typically come with calorie counters by steps, distance, calories and some basic ones even come with a sleep monitor to track your sleep progress.
Some of the higher-end models also have features like caller ID, text notifications, music control and GPS tracking. They are adding more and more features so watch this space!
What Features Do I Really Need?
While some are pure enthusiasts like me and need all of the features and would only buy the all singing, all dancing fitness tracker; not everyone will. Many people just want something basic to help them keep track of their energy burn in their daily routines, so they don’t need sleep monitors and heart rate monitors. It is a natural progression for people to start off with a basic unit, at which time they will get motivated and after some time passes, they find themselves buying an upgraded model – this is what happened with me!
Below I have written a brief outline on some of the major features in the fitness trackers so you can determine if you need them or not.
The Calorie Counter
This is the reason you would buy the fitness tracker, to count your calories, your energy burn during the day. This one is a must for all of us. Without it; there is no point!
The Step Counter
The step counter will track the amount of steps you have taken to determine the calorie burn. Again, a must and the reason you are buying a fitness tracker.
Once again, the distance monitoring, step counter and calorie counter all go hand in hand. The three of these are absolute basic functions that you would need in a fitness tracker.
Heart Rate Monitor
As the title suggests, this monitors your heart rate. It will give you a break down of when your heart was beating fast and when it was slow. Again, not an absolute must, but for people who engage in high-intensity workouts and need to keep their heart rate up for a certain amount of time, this is a huge help!
This one is very optional. For someone like me it is a must because I have trouble sleeping and always have. To know how well I sleep is great for me.
- Best Running Belts – Reviews 2016 – 2017
- Best Multi Gyms – Reviews 2016 – 2017
- What To Look For When Buying A Cross Trainer
- Why Cross Trainers Are Fantastic For Cardio!
- Walking vs. Elliptical Machine
- 5 reasons to swap the treadmill for the cross-trainer
- HIIT Workout – Insane 20 Minute Elliptical Workout – Video
- 30 Min Cardio HIIT Crosstrainer Workout – Video
- Best Tasting Protein Bars In The UK? See The Top 3 Here! 2016 – 2017
- York Aspire | Active Cross Trainer Reviews – Best 2016 – 2017
- Best Bathroom Scales – Reviews In 2016 – 2017 UK
- Best Cycle Computer – Reviews In 2016 – 2017 UK
- Best Weighted Running Vest – Reviews In 2016 – 2017 UK
- Best Tennis Racket – Reviews In 2016 – 2017 UK
- Inversion Table Reviews UK – Best Of 2016 – 2017
- Vibration Plate Reviews – Best Of 2016 – 2017 UK
- Basis Peak Whatsapp Skype & Facebook Notifications
- Mio Fuse Vs Fitbit Charge HR 2016 – 2017 UK
- Garmin Vivosmart Vs Fitbit Charge 2016 – 2017 UK
- Cross Trainer Buying Guide 2016 – 2017
- Fitbit Surge Vs Basis Peak 2016 – 2017 UK
- Fitbit Vs Jawbone – Comparing The Flex & UP24 2016 – 2017
- Misfit Shine Vs Fitbit Flex 2016 – 2017
- Fitbit One Vs Flex 2016 – 2017 UK
- Breville Blend-Active Vs Nutribullet 2016 – 2017 UK
- Best Cross Trainer For Home Use In 2016 – 2017 UK
- Cross Trainer Reviews For The Home – Best of 2016 – 2017 UK
- The Fitbit Charge Vs The Jawbone Up24 2016 – 2017 UK
- What Is The Best Fitness Activity Tracker Device In The UK? 2016 – 2017