|Mpow||3 Smart Sensor Modes – Faster battery charging – 20 LED lights – Increased battery size – Highly waterproof – upgraded sensor technology.||High-End||Learn More Here!|
|Elro||Twin Halogen Floodlights – Motion sensor activated – Flat wall or corner mountable.||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
|Timeguard||Energy saving 400W Halogen Floodlight – Adjustable PIR detector – 180-degree angle of detection – 500W of brightness with only 400w lamp.||Low End||Learn More Here!|
Top 3 Security Lights
The security and safety of our homes has become more and more important over recent years, in addition to visual deterrents such as alarm systems security lights are also a great way to help protect your home and valuables. These can work in a number of different ways such as motion activated lights, halogen flood lights, solar flood lights, fluorescent security lights and HID security lights. Some of these lights will be on permanently while others only come on during the darker hours and the motion activated ones only turn on if someone or something crosses its path. The type of security light you purchase depends on whether it is for deterrent purposes only or to provide light in an unlit area as well.
In this review, I am going to cover two types of these lights to help shed some light on the features and makes available to you.
Mpow 3-in-1 LED Solar Lights Review – Our Number 1
The Mpow (learn more here!) is our top of the range security light in this review and it comes from a company who specialise in a range of hi-tech gadgets and accessories such as Bluetooth headsets, Bluetooth speakers, headsets and earphones and professional camera lenses. The main features of this particular security light are as follows:
* 3 Smart Sensor Modes which allow you to have more control over how the solar light operates.
* A more efficient and faster charging solar panel to allow for quicker sunlight to electricity conversion.
* Battery capacity has been increased from 600mAh to 1500mAh which provides over 2 hours longer illumination.
* The waterproofness has been improve as well, it now comprises of two separate seals between the internal section and the rear casing to ensure this light can stand up to whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
* The PIR (passive infra-red) motion sensor has also had an upgrade so that it can detect people as far away as 26 feet.
As you can see this Mpow 3-in-1 LED Solar Lights with 20 Bright Nodes, Wireless Weatherproof Security Solar Light Motion Sensor Lamp and 3 Intelligent Modes has a whole lot of features to offer for an extremely reasonable price allowing you to protect your home while being environmentally friendly at the same time.
Features – 3 Smart Sensor Modes – Faster battery charging – 20 LED lights – Increased battery size – Highly waterproof – upgraded sensor technology.
Pricing – High End
Elro ES120/2 120 Watt Metal Review – Number 2
The Elro light is our middle of the road security lighting option. It comes from a company that has many years’ experience in creating security lighting and hence it is good quality for your money. This light has several features that help it stand out from the crowd such as:
* Twin 120W 230V Halogen Floodlights which provide excellent bright light.
* This product can be mounted either on a flat wall or in a corner which makes its positions very versatile.
* It has been fitted with an impressive 12m 110 passive infra-red motion detector (PIR).
* It also has an adjustable light sensor and timer to allow more user control customisable control.
* It’s simple and compact design makes it perfect for increasing security around your home.
* It also comes with a 2-year warranty.
The Elro ES120/2 120 Watt Metal Twin Halogen Floodlights/ Wall/ Corner Mount with Motion Detector is very easy to install and as already stated has a good range on its sensor which works out to around 30-40 feet depending on installation location.
Features – Twin Halogen Floodlights – Motion sensor activated – Flat wall or corner mountable.
Pricing – Mid Range
Timeguard SLW400G Review – Number 3
Now the name may have you thinking of Doctor Who but I can assure you it won’t warp you into another time dimension. It will however provide you with simple yet effective lighting to help protect your home from unwanted guests and thanks to its energy saving lamp it can save you a bundle on your energy bills too. The features of this security light are:
* The energy saving 400W Halogen Floodlight.
* An adjustable integral PIR (passive infra-red) detector
* It provides the brightness of a 500W lam with only a 400W lamp.
* And it has an adjustable 180-degree angle of detection.
So even though this is the cheapest of the lights reviews here today the Timeguard SLW400G 400W Energy Saving PIR Halogen Floodlight offers a decent number of features for its small price tag and shouldn’t be quickly discounted due to its placement in this review.
Features – Energy saving 400W Halogen Floodlight – Adjustable PIR detector – 180-degree angle of detection – 500W of brightness with only 400w lamp.
Pricing – Low End
Although all three security light options offer a decent array of features the best of the bunch by far the Mpow 3-in-1 LED Solar Lights with 20 Bright Nodes, Wireless Weatherproof Security Solar Light Motion Sensor Lamp and 3 Intelligent Modes. It packs a massive punch when it comes to the brightness and the coverage of light as well as being the environmentally green option.